Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: TxT and CC sing together...this time LIVE!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Texas Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just want to say hello to everybody out there in Cherie Currie land...Aren't we blessed to have someone like Cherie in our lives? I know I am. Meeting Cherie and getting to work with her in the studio has been one of my highlights in rock & roll. We had a blast together! Just to let you know that the "spoken duet", "Turn It Off!", is actually the tail end of a KISS song we did a duet on, "Rock & Roll All Nite"...the version of that song is, at this time, only available of the vinyl version of my new record...in retrospect, I wish I had made it available on the cd also...to be honest, I have nothing against KISS but I don't really dig Gene Simmons, but I shouldn't have let my distaste for him prevent me from releasing the song on the cd format...I know there are Cherie fans and KISS fans that would love to have this version...sorry about that, but I'll think of something to remedy this...anyway, just wanted to let the people that live in or around L.A. that I am having a record release/tour kick off bash at Spaceland (1717 Silverlake Blvd.) Fri. July 2...Texas Terri Bomb! plays at 11pm and Cherie will be coming down to join me on 2 songs! I am very excited about this, what an honor to be on the same stage...all the details are up on my "shows" section at www.texasterri.com...well, that's all for now..just wanted to drop by and say hello...
    xoox txt

  2. #2
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome Texas! If you and the band are ever in New England keep me in the loop.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Thanks Texas Terri!!!
    Wow, I sure would like to hear that 'Rock and Roll All Nite' duet.
    I guess I'll look into that vinyl release for now.
    I think it's great that Cherie is joining you on stage. I hope the event will be filmed. I would love to get my hands on that explosive footage!! How totally awesome, really!
    Thanks for sharing!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wish I had a Genie so I could be magically transported to Spaceland for the historic performance. Until then All I can do is dream and send out best wishes

    Rog [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AWESOME! Will make sure we get some video rolling for that event! Yowza! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Must go to spaceland.. Must go to spaceland! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    <font size=4>Please and thankyou</font>
    for a review of last night's explosive
    performance by the one and only.....
    <font size=4>Cherie Currie!</font>
    God! That must have been soooo happening!
    Texas Terri is way cool and teaming up with
    Cherie Currie is monumentally CCool!
    I hope you had tons of fun Cherie! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    GD

  8. #8
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On friday 4 of my friends and i headed down to Spaceland. Security din't let us in. I missed the show and i would really really appreciate if anyone has video footage they can share with me. Cherie, im sure u where awsome!!! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member KattLowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11th, 2001
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hello,

    Why didn't security let you guys in? Sorry to hear that. The show was great! Texas Terri rocked the crowd..... and when Cheire got up there to sing Cherry Bomb, they kicked some serious A*S!! I was standing at the side of the stage, so I was able to see to see the crowds faces. They were smiling and singing every word!
    Cherie wore a skirt with cool tan fringed boots, and looked just as beautiful and amazing as ever!!

    Check out Terri next time she plays. She Rocks and her band is really tight.....she is a very cool person [img]cool.gif[/img]

    Katt

    <font color="#007FFF"><font size="1">[ July 05, 2004 02:39 PM: Message edited by: KattLowe ]</font></font>

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ July 05, 2004 02:40 PM: Message edited by: KattLowe ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My friends and i are all in our early 20's and one of my friends did not have her ID only her worker's permit. Security tought it wasn't a valid ID and when she went back to LA to get her ID the *** **e security said none of us could go in. I can only imagine what a wonderfull show Terri gave and how cool it must have been for everyone to see Cherie and her together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic